326% up to $1963
then get 36 SPINS on SPARTIANS
CODE: ZEEK36WIN BIG!
200% up to $600
Code: JW200Claim Now!
More Deposit Options
Including Bitcoin to cash
Hassle Free Deposits & Payouts
Pick your favorite & Play!
June Road Trip
It’s “trip-cation” time!
Find out what's on...
up to $600
Code: WIN110Play Now!
Next Chevy Camaro Spot Draw 13 of 21: Saturday 19 June ($50 Deposit = 1 Entry) Latest Winner: JT JR
How to Play and Win at Blackjack
Learning how to play a new casino game can be intimidating; especially when you’re moving from uncomplicated slots online to card games that require skill, strategy, and following rules. Blackjack is one such game that requires understanding the rules of the game before placing any wagers. While not all players may find it intimidating there are some and we want those few to truly enjoy the thrill of Blackjack. So, we’ve compiled a quick guide that explains how to play and win on Blackjack online.
This is by no means a Blackjack cheat sheet or steps on how to manipulate online blackjack for your gain. This how to play blackjack guide is aimed at Jackpot Wheel players that want to explore and win while playing this iconic casino game.
Whether online or in land-based casinos, there’s no denying that Blackjack is a firm favorite. The aim of the casino game is to obtain a hand that totals 21; this is also why Blackjack is commonly known as 21 too. There are several variations of the casino game available online and in our games lobby too. In this guide, we will focus on the classic version of Blackjack.
A game of Blackjack uses a standard 52 card deck, this amount is sometimes increased. Typically, a round of Blackjack would include 2-7 players, plus the dealer. Unlike Poker, the other players’ hands have little to do with you winning.
How to Play Blackjack – Useful Terminology
Before we get into the rules of the game, you need to familiarise yourself with the common terminology used during play. Below, are important terms that any aspiring Blackjack player should be familiar with:
- Insurance – here you are betting on the dealer getting a Blackjack. Insurance is half the value of your original bet and happens when the dealer's upcard is an Ace.
- Split-pair – when you’ve already been dealt a pair but you want to make a second bet. Each card you’ve already been dealt will become the first card of your two new hands.
- Double down – to double the amount of your wager, plus an extra card.
- Surrender – like the term suggests, to surrender to give up when you’ve been dealt a bad hand. To surrender gives you a chance to receive half of your wager back.
- Hit – when you want more cards to improve your hand.
- Stand – when your first two cards are good and you chose not to be hit with more cards.
Now that you’re familiar with the basic terminology let’s move onto the rules.
Blackjack Online Rules
The most important rule and aim of the Blackjack are to attain a hand value that totals 21. Achieving this number can be done in multiple ways. Below are basic rules
- Face cards amount to 10, these are King, Queen, Jack
- Number cards amount to the number they represent; for example, 9 of hearts equals 9
- Aces are important – they can in fact be valued at either 1 or 10, depending on which helps your hand more
- The terminology we went through early helps you get closer to 21 or beat the dealer
Playing Online Blackjack at Jackpot Wheel Casino
There’s no better way to learn how to play Blackjack than by getting into it. If you’ve come this far, you have sufficient knowledge to give it a go. A typical blackjack game will follow the below gameplay:
- You place a bet
- The dealer will then deal the cards
- After viewing your cards, you can decide how to proceed or play your hand
- Then, the dealer will play his/her hand
- The winner receives the payout
Pretty straight forward right? The above will depend on the blackjack version you opt to play and also changes when you incorporate popular Blackjack strategies. We will soon add common strategies used by our high-rolling Blackjack players so stay tuned for them!